Sketches from this weekend.
I was away from home but took a my sketchbook with me and managed to be extremely self indulgent when it came to drawing!
It was really nice to be able to give a bit of love to my own characters for once – I’ve actually been falling in love with my own art style recently; because I feel like I have been putting a lot of hard work into drawing lately and pushing my drawing in the direction I’d like to take it.
I know what I need to work on as well, which is always something worth knowing.
It feel really good to finally feel settled in what I am doing when it comes to artwork.
So here we have;
- Amnion Bust – Amnion is a character I adopted aaaaaages ago from Boltbunny on Furaffinity. I don’t even have the original images of him anymore (sadface) and I’ve only recently remembered about him. He was a lot of fun to draw
- Demitri – I’ve been thinking up an Alternative Universe for some of my characters which is set in the mental hospital PillsBrooke Hospital and all the characters there are seen through the eyes of Devon (Who is pictured next) and Demitri is the GP there, but seeing as Devon hates him, she sees him more of a vintage Dr/Sawbones.
- Devon – All Glamfur’d and everything. I’ll write another post in a little bit about Glamfur~
- I Zombie – I don’t remember when I last drew I Zombie; probably last time I saw Circus of Horrors. I was wondering how I could get him into the same AU mentioned above, what I could do to change him and honestly, the answer is nothing!! Story wise, I think he’s Devons psychologist and cause she thinks he is amazing, she sees him the way he has always been to me.
- Jenn – Here she is with her old Jenntula look. Honestly, I just wanted to draw her hair that way again.
I just wanted to take a bit of a break from my writing challenge today – mostly because it’ll be a difficult one to write about – but I still wanted to post an update for the blog to attempt to keep things going here.
So I thought I would post a couple of sketches that I’ve managed to do this week.
They’re both out of my comfort zone really, the bust being a World of Warcraft character that I’ve been developing. I’ve not actually played any Warcraft since Cataclysm, but I always enjoyed the characters. She is a draenei/nightelf hybrid. And writing this blog post, I really should reply to the roleplay thread that I’ve got going on with her!
The other picture is for a friend of their UFC rabbit Kekoa and she was a fine fit for drawing a more dynamic pose.
I’m also going to leave my Patreon link here, it’s also at the top of my page. The whole idea of updating this place more often is to help me streamline where I post things online. I am mostly trying to cut down on procrastination time by cutting out some of the places I visit. Although I don’t want to make my art anything exclusive and only post it to Patreon, it would be nice to have a bit of support to say, ‘You’re doing good.’
So, I’ll be updating here, twitter, Patreon (obviously) and facebook – with the occasional art trade going into my dA gallery or sta.sh.
I honestly don’t know about leaving dA because quite honestly, it’s been a part of my life for 14 years (I think) and I’ve visited most days since then. I just don’t know if I have it in me to leave it behind just yet? It’s something to consider. I really need to have a long, deep think about some of the things I want in life and see if they marry up with the things that I can actually do.
Some sketches from yesterday, various characters for other people and a couple of fan arts.
The fan arts are bottom left and right – being Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island, and Morrigan from Dragon Age.
Some quick sketches from this evening, was nice to pick up a pencil; open my eyes and start dreaming.
Just a couple of sketches done today.
And some finished work from yesterday