Today, I stuck together the last four guys of my Space Marine Company.
I have now collected and made all the model I require for my Army.
It feels like a momentous occasion that needs celebrating and sharing! I’ve had these bikers sat in a box since before I left Lincoln University in 2012.
I now have the mammoth task of painting them all – some have already been painted, so it’s not as big a task as painting the entire company, but there is a lot to be getting on with. (As well as fixing casualties and finding bases)
I last posted about this here, at the beginning of the year so it really has been slow progress. But, hopefully I can keep the forward momentum going a bit better this time and share more updates with you as I go.
[Edit] The missing guns are no longer missing!
Please forgive me while I shed a bit of a tear over this one.
This is the last tactical squad I am ever going to glue together (For the time being at least, but I don’t foresee my starting another Battle Company in a hurry)
It’s one of Games Workshops older kits; but I was pleasantly surprised how little anger and frustration there was in it’s construction. I recall these being a complete pain in the rear end when it came to arms and guns! But this was pretty easy going – aside from the Plasma Gun dude. He was excruciating when it came to being a pain in the rear end.
Giving credit where it’s due, my husband converted the Plasma Canon dudes arm, I think another missile launcher heavy would have made me cry.
In the grand scheme of sticking things together for my chapter – I’ve got a handful more bikes to do.
Then, I’ll be praying for some nicer weather to get some things base coated so I can power through the painting process and have something really worth-while to share.