This weeks Friday Feature is from Qwaychou
Artist showcase! Share with us: Your favourite images
1. What compelled you first start drawing and creating?
I’ve been drawing all my life, I was born with tonsillitis, so to keep me quiet my mother would have me color in books or draw to keep me occupied.
2. Do you have any future plans for your artwork?
I used to have huge aspirations, but my health has demoted me to hobby artist. I do want to do some badge work, as we already have a laminater and small laminates.
3. What sort of media do you use to create your artwork? How long does it take you to complete a piece of artwork?
I like to use bristol cardstock and I use micron inkpens and prismacolor pencils. It takes me about 10-12 hours from concept to finished piece.
4. What inspired you to draw? Do you admire any other artists?
I get inspiration from many things, from fashion magazines, to artist pose files. I admire many artists, too many to name, but I would have to name Xa-Xa-Xa on deviantart as a favorite.
5. Do you have any tips for any aspiring artists – beyond the usual ‘practise daily’? (These tips don’t have to be art creation related.)
Get your hands on a good anatomy book, that is the thing that I see most artists struggling with is proper anatomy. Use references for aspects of your art that you have problems with, even I still have problems with this, as I need to work on my backgrounds, so I should be using reference for some landscapes.
6. What is your fondest artist memory? (eg – An art trade you were really proud of/pleased with, your first commission, etc)
Wow, where to start, I remember my first ebay auction for my artwork, probably 25 years ago? I’ve been a guest at some conventions, and I won a ton of their contests for tshirt and program cover designs. I won a couple awards during my anime convention days, and I used to win a bunch of coloring contests when I was a kid.
7. Anything else you would like to tell our readers?
Draw for yourself, don’t draw what you think people want to see, when you do that, it becomes a job, and it shows in your creativity. Art is individual, draw what you want to see on paper.
Many thanks to Qwaychou for taking the time to answer these questions for the Friday Feature and if you’d like to be featured on the blog then please, don’t hesitate to get in contact.
Categories: Fangirl Feature