Friday Feature – CosmicCrayons
This weeks Friday Feature is from CosmicCrayons
Artist showcase! Share with us: Your favourite images
1. What compelled you first start drawing and creating?
I first started drawing because I had all these ideas for characters and cartoons but I needed a way to visualize them, and since I was just a kid I couldn’t Commission people, so I just decided to draw them myself!
2. Do you have any future plans for your artwork?
Well I’m hoping to make a comic in the future! That’s all I’ll say for now~
3. What sort of media do you use to create your artwork? How long does it take you to complete a piece of artwork?
I use a Monoprice 10.25 x 6 Graphics Tablet, Paint Tool SAI, and FireAlpaca. It can take me anywhere from 2 hours to a few days.
4. What inspired you to draw? Do you admire any other artists?
My inspiration comes from a vast variety sources. People like Roman Dirge, Jhonen Vasquez, Maxwell Atoms, and Tim Burton are probably my biggest sources of inspiration.
5. Do you have any tips for any aspiring artists – beyond the usual ‘practise daily’? (These tips don’t have to be art creation related.)
Don’t be afraid to experiment with your art. Getting out of your comfort zone can lead to improvement.
6. What is your fondest artist memory? (eg – An art trade you were really proud of/pleased with, your first commission, etc)
In 2016 I made a drawing of Ren Hoek from Ren & Stimpy. I posted it on Tumblr and it actually got liked by Nickelodeon’s official “The-Splat” page. It was pretty cool!
7. Anything else you would like to tell our readers?
I would like to thank all my friends and supporters. I honestly never thought I’d come this far with my art and I only have because my friends stuck by my side.
Many thanks to CosmicCrayons for taking the time to answer these questions for the Friday Feature and if you’d like to be featured on the blog then please, don’t hesitate to get in contact.